The Benefits of ISO 20000 Implementation
Implementation of ISO 20000 brings with it many benefits and advantages. These will fo course differ from organization to organization. However, the following list is a pretty good representation of the common results:
1. Alignment of information technology services and business strategy.
2. Creation of a formal framework for current service improvement projects
3. Provides a benchmark type comparison with best practices
4, Creates competitive advantage via the promotion of consistent and cost-effective services.
5. By requiring ownership and responsibility at all levels, it creates a progressive ethos and culture.
6. Supports 'interchanging' of service providers and staff by virtue of the creation of inter-enterprize operational processes.
7. Reduction of risk and thus cost in terms of external service receipt
8. Through the creation of a standard consistent approach, aids major organizational changes.
9. Enhanced reputation and perception
10. Fundamental shift to pro-active rather than re-active processes
11. Improved relationship between different departments via better defninition and more clarity in terms of responsibility and goals.
12. Creation of a stable framework for both resource training and service management automation.